Don’t miss out on your chance to make a difference for our boys in 2017. Year-End giving is as easy as making a charitable gift and getting a tax break. Because tax laws encourage charitable giving, itemizing can significantly reduce your income taxes for 2017. Of course, giving is much more than just saving on your taxes. A gift to McCrossan Boys Ranch ensures that nearly 250 boys each year will get a second chance. Gifts can go towards program support or any other fund listed on the Courier envelope. Please make sure your gift is postmarked by December 31st to get credit for your donation in the 2017 tax year.
Here are some ways to maximize your tax situation while benefiting our boys:
- Cash is convenient and provides you an income tax deduction when itemized on your tax return. You can do this by using the enclosed envelope or by donating online at www.mccrossan.org.
- Use your credit card to make the gift and receive the deduction now and pay the bill at your convenience. McCrossan accepts Visa and MasterCard and donations can be processed over the phone, on-line or by mail. Paypal is also an option on our website.
- Donate appreciated stock held for more than one year and derive an additional tax benefit: Avoidance of capital gain. Consider choosing appreciated stock with the greatest capital gain to take maximum advantage of this unique tax benefit.
- Sell stock that has lost value and donate the proceeds. You can deduct the loss in value and derive an income tax charitable deduction for the current market value.
- Land is also a great option to consider donating to McCrossan Boys Ranch or a gift of grain or other commodities.
- Charitable IRA Rollover is a great option for donors ages 70 ½ or older. You can give up to $100,000 directly from your IRA’s. This tax-free rollover is now a permanent addition to the tax code.
If you would like more information on Year-End Donations please contact Christy Menning at McCrossan Boys Ranch by calling (605) 339-1203.